Saturday, December 09, 2006

Holiday Rush

Hello all...
Here's a quick Saturday afternoon post while Scotty is napping. He's actually starting to wake up, so I'll make it brief. He is still doing great, despite having his first cold with us last week. He starting sneezing and coughing a week ago Wednesday, and I managed to follow him by a day or so. We got hit with 17 inches of snow (which is unusual!) last Friday and spent the unexpected 3 day weekend snowed in. Thankfully we had plenty of food on hand. We never lost power like some folks, for which I am also grateful. We were supposed to have Scott's baptism on Sunday, but that had to be cancelled since we couldn't get out and we were both sick. Dave managed to dig us out by Sunday afternoon and we were back in business on Monday morning. Scott recovered from his cold nicely, but mine turned into a sinus infection and I had to get antibiotics this week. I'm feeling better today - finally!

One thing I guess I didn't expect is the "Mommy guilt" when I'm sick. Dave was great about taking care of Scott and me, but I kept feeling guilty that I couldn't physically do as much. It's really a strange feeling. Logically, I knew that I needed to rest and that Dave could handle it all, but emotionally I felt bad. Weird.

He's taking five or six steps on his own now and he gets so excited when he does it. I just love his laughter. He giggles and laughs so much now and it's such a joy to hear. In the morning he's generally pretty happy, even when we've got to get out in the cold to go to daycare. He loves it there too. There are so many fun kids and great toys that he's worn out by the end of the day. Our provider tells us how happy he is and how much the other kids love playing with him. It's great to hear.

He's eating like a horse too. We took him to a fun diner last night along with Grandma and Grandpa and he was fascinated by the Christmas decorations. He had a kids meal of grilled cheese and mashed potatoes and really put the food away. Afterwards we came back and decorated the Christmas tree. He went to bed before we were finished, so he saw the finished product this morning. He had a huge smile on his face and seemed to really think it's cool. This morning I made pancakes and he helped Dad and I clean the house. Well, sort of. He didn't make a bigger mess before we could get the chores done, so that's good! We had friends over this afternoon for lunch and he played and had a great time with them.

I can hear him waking up, so I'd better head that way. We may go out for some shopping this evening. All in all - a great day so far! Now if I can just get all that Christmas shopping done........

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Devra said...

That guilt-o-meter can fill up quick can't it?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home