Thursday, September 28, 2006

Catch up

Hello all!
It's been awhile, but every night I have a "to do" list that seems to grow faster than I can mark items off. I'm suffering from some "blog guilt" because I haven't updated this as much as I'd like to.

Last Sunday, Christine, Barb and Anne put together an amazing baby shower. 20 of my friends plus my Mom and Dave's Mom were there, and there were so many gifts for Scott that I couldn't believe it! The gifts were clever, thoughtful, generous and absolutely perfect. Most of all, it was great to be surrounded by such loving and supportive women. You can never have too many girlfriends! Thank you all!!!

Dave has been busy on projects around the house, and we both visited several daycare options. We found a perfect one - and I'm so thrilled that she has an opening starting in November when we need it. As always, God provides whatever we need - and he seems to have listened to my prayers for a caring person to help in this area. For privacy, I'll not mention her name, but suffice it to say I'm thrilled.

Dave is also becoming a very protective Dad. Some of you have requested photos of Scott, and we're going to hold off posting those. The recent kidnapping of the newborn in St. Louis really shocked us, and while I know that the vast majority of those reading this are wonderful loving people, there are predators out there. For family and friends - send me an e-mail and I'm happy to forward a photo via e-mail to you. I hope everyone understands our concerns.

We're working on our court statements, updating our wills, childproofing the house and organizing Scott's room. I'm still writing thank you notes to friends from Sunday's shower, so I need to run and finish that up. Many thanks to those of you who have posted!

Love,
Anna

3 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I am a new reader. The shower sounded fun. All the choices for the registry can be overwhelming. I am putting it off as long as I possibly can. Glad your first trip went well. I hope your second goes smoothly as well.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Hi Anna,

One neat thing we did when we adopted D and had such lovely showers, was to take a great picture of her from the orphanage and have gobs of copies made. At CVS they have these little postcard sticky things you put on the back of a photo and turn it into a postcard. That is what we did the thank you notes on, then the recipient could hang the photo on their fridge and remember to pray for her to come home quick!

I'm glad you're having great showers !

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, I am reading your previous blogs - re-living some of the long forgotten experiences (and we went only 4 years ago). One thing I remember about the flight - every American couple on the flight was going to adopt - the standard intro was - "Where are you from" and "Is this your first or second trip". On our first trip we actually met a couple on their second trip from Centralia who helped us navigate customs in Moscow - the second trip, we were the experts helping other "first trip" couples. It is amazing how you can have an immediate bond with complete strangers - cannot wait to hear how Dimetry is doing - Rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home