Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hello from Kitsie Callie

I asked Mom if I could add to her blog and she said it would be okay. I'm Kitsie Callie, the original baby in the Hargis household. I'm a big kitty - 2 years old - and I thought I'd share my opinion of the bald kitty that they recently brought home.

Until 3 weeks ago, I was the princess of the household and pretty much had two of the big kitties at my beck and call. Then they took one of their vacations and were gone for a whole week. I was irritated, but very glad when they got home. Much to my surprise, they weren't alone. They brought the bald kitten with them. He's kind of noisy with big eyes and while I wasn't too happy at first, I think I actually like him now. As long as Mom or Dad is close by, I'll even let him touch my paw or tail - but otherwise, we don't get too close. I've seen how he shakes toys, so I'm keeping my distance.

This has increased my security duties significantly. I find that I have to watch him frequently, even when he's sleeping. I curl up and stand watch to make sure nothing bad comes near him. It may look like I'm napping, but I'm ever vigilant as any good cat should be. I'm not always happy when we have company, and we've had lots since the bald kitty arrived. I have to check all of them out, especially anyone who holds him. If they don't meet with my approval, I let Mom know. After all, you can never be too careful with your baby kitties, can you?

One really good thing...the introduction of more interesting television viewing. We have something called a Baby Einstein DVD with lots of animals. The cats aren't nearly as cute as I am, but the bald kitty and I both really like to watch that one. We both talk to the TV, and I've told him directly several times what each animal is, but he doesn't make the cat sounds quite right yet. I'll work with him on it.

He's walking with help, and our new game is to have Mom or Dad help him walk and he chases me throughout the upstairs. When I get tired, I jump up on something and swish my tail. Everyone seems to understand that signal. It's hard to train big kitties, but you have to stick with it. They do learn eventually.

Bath time is fascinating. The bald kitten likes to play in his duck tub now. I didn't like the noises he made when Mom tried to give him a bath at first. He wasn't very happy and he made noises like what I might make if someone put me in water. He's okay with it now though and makes unhappy noises when you take him out of the water. Go figure.

He likes to nap during the day, although not as long as me. The big kitties don't nap and sometimes make noise, but we're learning to deal with it. Dad put out the bird feeder, and I have lots of critters to "chup" at now. I'm trying to teach the bald kitty about chups, but he doesn't quite get it yet.

Mom and Dad took the bald kitty for a long weekend to San Antonio this past weekend. I got to stay home in the peace and quiet and had the whole house to myself. That was nice for a day or so, but then I missed my family and wanted them to come home. Even that strange new kitty. When they came back, I greeted them all enthusiastically at the door. It's good to have everyone home.

Anyway, it's time to nap, so I'm going to run. Maybe Mom will let me put another entry in later. She and Dad seem pretty happy, so I guess this new kitty will work out in our family. He does make life interesting. Meow!

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Deb said...

What a great update. I'm glad everyone is adjusting well (including kittie).

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Suz said...

It's good to hear an update from someone at your house! I'm glad all the kitties are getting along and that the bald kitty is doing so well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home