Sunday, November 26, 2006

The best Thanksgiving!

I can't believe how the time has flown by. I'm heading back to work tomorrow, and we'll begin our new routine. It's going to be busy and I know I'll miss being with Scott and Dave all day. We've tried out the daycare and Scott loves it. I think it will be harder on me! It's so hard to believe it's been 5 weeks!

We had an amazing Thanksgiving with Dave's folks and my parents. Scott received so much attention and you wouldn't believe how much food he ate. I thought he'd go into a food coma, but he loved the mashed potatoes, the stuffing, the green bean casserole and his Grandma's pumpkin pie (but only a small amount of that!). He's a good eater and is even feeding himself certain things. Green beans are a hit, as are peas and carrots.

There is a good chance that Scott will be the most photographed and videotaped child in history. My Dad got a video camera for his birthday and he had a ball taking video of Scott and the rest of us. Scott is practically walking on his own, and it's so fun to have him take 4 or 5 steps between me and Dave. The joy on his face is priceless. He's a changed boy - as everyone said he would be. He laughs so much and sings and plays. The bonding between the 3 of us is going so very well. If anything, he's kind of clingy to me, but I think that's normal at this age.

One of my favorite things is when we get up in the morning. He's so warm and cuddly and he rests his head on my shoulder and cuddles with me. I could just stay that way for hours, but this busy boy has places to go and people to see! It doesn't last long, but it's so precious.

I love this baby boy more every time I see him. He's the miracle we've waited for more than 10 years! When he throws himself into my arms when we're playing, or rests his head on my shoulder, I realize that all of that pain and waiting and frustration and sadness was worth the end result. I wish my words would convey that hope to everyone who is waiting, but I know that the words are hollow. I remember reading about successful adoptions and being happy for those couples, but it's not the same thing as knowing that you've got a baby. The pain that we went through is still there - and I can empathize with everyone who is still waiting. While I can't remove that pain for them, I hope that God will bring you peace and strength as He did for me and Dave through this process.

My folks and Dave's folks told us that this was the best Thanksgiving ever. I tend to agree. We're building such wonderful memories - it's just too bad that the days fly by so quickly. I'm trying to take time to enjoy each and every moment.

Peace and good wishes to all!
Anna

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Lea said...

Happy Thanksgiving Anna. You mentioned in an earlier blog that, when you first got your son, he took a bottle with no problem. Was he still on a bottle at the orphanage? Did you use a bottle you got in Russia or one from here? Just wondering because I had heard that some children are not real excited about taking the bottle and we want to get our two sons back on the bottle ASAP when we get them (they are not currently on a bottle). We are hoping to return in Jan. for our courtdate, but still waiting to hear. Thanks!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna and Dave,
I hope to see you guys Sunday morning Dec. 10. I will be in town. Can't wait to meet Scott!

Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home