Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What Fun!

It's late, so I'll just add a quick post. Christine, Barb and I went to register for our baby shower this evening after work. I did some research and "interviewed" several friends including Shelly and Elizabeth who were wonderful! They have kids close to our son's age and knew what to suggest.

It was still overwhelming. By day, I was a competent career woman - Tonight - a confused crazy person running around zapping at items in a store with a scanner. I lost count of how many times I stared at merchandise in complete and total confusion. So many cute clothes and toys - and who knew there were so many types of diapers! I'm supposed to get formula for the trip that doesn't have iron. Good luck with that folks! I was at Target, but I'll try the grocery store to see what they've got. Barb had to leave, so Chris and I finished up. We did pretty well until we got to the whole baby wash/diaper thing. I just scanned a few items and crossed my fingers. I figure I'll live and learn on this one.

It's been wonderful sharing our journey with friends and family. I can't even describe the wonder of watching Dave's parents and my folks watch the video of their grandson for the first time. I was torn between watching the baby and watching their reaction - but it was magical and emotional. We've got four very excited grandparents who cannot wait to meet this little boy. It's a good thing he likes to be held!

Susan - thanks for the lovely verse you posted. It's one of my favorites!

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAVE & ANNA,

I ACTUALLY PAID MORE ATTENTION TO THE 'BABY SECTION' OF VARIOUS STORES NOW. IT IS SOMEWHAT DAUNTING A TASK. I THINK I'LL LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS - YOU AND YOUR MOM.
LOVE
DAD

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,

The joy of the shopping experience is that if you have selected not the right item, Scott will outgrow it in no time and you'll have to buy again.

Baby shopping is so much fun...you'll have to go when not in a rush to register to really enjoy it.

Cora

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Suz said...

You're invited to be a part of the new "Blog-Pals connection" Come visit my blog for the explanation of what Blog-Pals is all about!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna and Dave,
The more I think about it, the image of the baby in the stained glass from Newman on the day you both got married, is your baby. I remeber the image being of a bald baby. :) I know I already saw your pictures. But, I hope you post them online soon. I'd like to see Scott again! BTW, you picked a great middle name. Scott and I have something in common. Can't wait to hear about your second trip. Next time I'll be back in Columbia, you'll hopefully have Scott!

Love,
Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home