Saturday, February 17, 2007

Baptism!

I do apologize for the delay in updating the website. I'm still getting used to this schedule and the many demands on my time. I just e-mailed a good friend and told her that by the time we get Scott in bed at night, I just want to put my feet up and relax. After spending all day at a computer, this is not high on my list of things I want to do.

So it's Saturday night and I'm feeling up to a quick posting for friends and family. Scotty is being baptized tomorrow morning! We had to postpone from a December date due to 20 inches of snow and both of us being sick (poor Dad). We've had more snow this week, but not enough to stop this one. We'll be surrounded by family and friends and it's going to be a wonderful ceremony. My friends in the music group have some great songs planned and BW is going to cantor the psalm. She sang at our wedding too - so how perfect is that? I even got to select a few songs for the day.

We have our first follow up visit next week with the social worker. She's going to prepare the report to go to Russia letting them know how Scott is doing. He's doing so well I'm not worried about it all. We have great reports from our Parents as Teachers rep, our pediatrician and others, plus when you see him you know he's such a happy, healthy boy. We are very blessed! Our babysitter commented that he's the happiest baby all the time. Not long after she said that, we endured an incredibly fussy, grumpy boy for the evening, so she may have jinxed me. Ha! Actually, she's right. He's usually in a good mood and except when he's sick - he's happy.

He's started saying words and said one today that was clear as a bell. We'd had a small snack of some crackers and juice and I had put the crackers away after we shared a few. He was in his room playing and he looked up and said "cracker." I asked him if said "cracker" and he said "yeah" in return. I said okay and he took off for the kitchen. How cool is that?! He's been saying words and repeating things we say (time to watch it!) but that's the first real exchange we've had like that. I followed him in and gave him another cracker and that's all he needed. Then it was back to playing.

I've spoken to several women lately who are on a waiting list for an adoption. I can remember how sad and depressed I was at this time last year because the situation looked so bleak. I know that whatever I say to them isn't the kind of comfort I'd hope it could be because I have my son and they don't have their child yet. I can remember praying so much last year and wondering why the prayers just weren't being answered. Tonight I know that God had Scott picked out for us and we just had to wait until the timing was right. That's not the kind of thing I would have wanted to hear at this time last year, but now I know how true it is. Thankfully He stayed with us and gave us strength to see it all through. Tomorrow morning we'll have the baptism we've dreamed about for years and my heart will be full of thanks for the God who brought us to it.

Well, I'd better get some sleep. It's going to be an early morning. Much love to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home